Wiltshire Consulting International t/a Hillview Technologies
Qualification: IT solutions technician (Level 3)
Hillview Technologies is an IT support company covering everything to do with technology, they bring a unique insight to IT support and consultancy that carefully tailors technical solutions to meet the objectives of their clients. They work with and help organisations identify their technology needs and to improve their clients’ experience. Hillview Technologies live and breathe IT and their technical skills are second to none.
They're now looking for a keen Dynamic candidate who is keen to learn, develop and be guided to fulfil a career in the technologies industry. This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to join a professional team in the technologies Industry and develop a range of skills and a career in IT.
As an Apprentice IT Technician, your role includes:
- Working closely with and reporting directly to the IT Director, the role will involve assisting with the effective operation of the company’s network, equipment and systems including completing routine maintenance, daily equipment checks, cleaning and monitoring computer equipment, and adhering to the network security processes.
- Duties will also include providing support to Hillview’s staff and, with permission, their clients staff in the use of Microsoft 365 facilities, providing a Help-Desk function and assisting in the delivery of IT implementation projects as instructed by the Director, in association with each client’s designated contact
The day-to-day tasks and duties of the role include:
- Monitoring and responding to all tickets which are logged via the Helpdesk. Where needed escalate the tickets for further support from the Director and/or others as agreed
- Acting appropriately and responding quickly to any abuse to the IT infrastructure
- Maintaining client confidentiality and excellent client relationships
- Maintaining client IT devices, both software and hardware as instructed by the IT Director
- Hardware Diagnostics
- Software Troubleshooting/Support
- Server Management
- Network Understanding
- Using an agreed troubleshooting methodology
- Completion of a weekly time sheet to allow for client billing and project control
Here’s what they’ll expect from you:
- To be an effective and engaged member of a highly motivated and successful team
- To be interested in and excited by IT technology
- To be a keen learner - interested in acquiring new skills and learning new approaches
- To be a good team player - helping in the running of the organization, e.g. answering the phone, responding to queries, taking messages etc.
- To be a good communicator - willing to speak with, help and inform Hillview’s clients
- To be an excellent time-keeper and professional representative of Hillview
- To treat Hillview and their client’s information with the utmost confidentiality
The skills and competencies you need to use/display:
- At least five GCSEs (or equivalent) at Grade C or above including Math’s, English and either IT or Science.
- Problem solving
- Logical thinking
- Clear communication skills
- Professional presentation of yourself and the Hillview company
- Attention to detail
- Ability to use initiative
- Willingness to learn
- Willing to learn
- Good communication
- Basic IT experience with enthusiasm for the topic
- Interest in positive customer service skills i.e. telephone and email professionalism, Someone that enjoys helping others
- Willingness to travel to client sites and or learn how to drive etc.
- Thick skin and integrity, frustrated customers, high pressure business affecting responsibility etc.
- Calm but not disinterested
- 45 Hours per week
- 5 days a week
- Early Shift - 8am-5pm
- Late Shift - 9am-6pm
- £ 866 PM
- Client facing travel and trip expenses are paid for
IT Solutions Technician L3
English and Maths Functional Skills (If required)
Monday-Friday / Early Shift - 8am-5pm/ Late Shift - 9am-6pm
£866.00 per month
Offer of a permanent role for the right candidate
Any IT related extracurricular certs would be impressive