Qualification: teaching assistant level 3
Location: 155 Canterbury Road Leyton
· Supervise and provide support and guidance for pupils.
· Working with individuals or small groups of children under the direction of teaching staff.
· Establish and maintain a positive relationship with pupils.
· Support the use of ICT in the classroom and help to develop pupils competence and independence in its use.
· Establish constructive relationships with parents/carers.
· Provide feedback to pupils in relation to attainment and progress under the guidance of the teacher.
· Promote the inclusion and acceptance of children with special needs within the classroom ensuring access to lessons and their content through appropriate clarification, explanation and resources
· To respect confidentiality at all times.
· Attend relevant school meetings as required.
· Assist with escorting pupils on educational visits.
· To attend to pupils personal needs including help with social, welfare and health matters, including minor first aid.
· Teaching Assistant Level 3
· English and Maths Functional Skills (If Required)
· 15 months
· Friendly and approachable
· Be professional when dealing with parents and school visitors
· Good communication and telephone skills
· Ability to use own initiative and work well within a team.
· Attention to detail
· Good written and verbal English
· Good numeracy and literacy skills
· Ability to work under pressure
· Be diligent and consistently follow safeguarding procedures
· Willingness to learn
· Well Organised
· Well mannered
· Well spoken
· Ability to follow instructions accurately
· 36 hours per week
· 8.45 – 4:45pm
· 45min lunch break
· Term time only
· £7,968 yearly salary
· You will be expected to be flexible and provide support across the team when needed. This may include supporting meal times for the children.