Category: Customer Service
Qualification: Level 3 Customer Service
Sector: Customer Service
Location: 152 Loughton Way, Buckhurst Hill IG9 6AR
152 Loughton Way
Thames Rib Experience organise corporate and tourist event experiences on the River Thames. The high-speed boat and sight-seeing trips operate from Tower Hill, Embankment and North Greenwich.
Due to the popularity of these tours, the company is expanding and are looking to employ an apprentice who is interested in customer services, corporate events and sales. This is primarily an office-based role but there is the opportunity to work face to face with customers and clients at the event sites.
This is a great opportunity to gain a wide range of customer service, sales and client facing skills, and to gain a Level 3 Customer Service Qualification (Equivalent to 2 ‘A’ Levels).
The operations and sales teams operate from their Head office in Buckhurst Hill, and this is where you will be located.
This is an exciting opportunity to ‘Earn whilst you Learn’ and the company are committed to providing the right candidate the opportunity to progress in the business within a range of roles, such as Customer Service Executive, Sales Executive or Office Administrator. So, if you are hardworking and self-motivated and looking for all round training, this could be the Apprenticeship for you.
Customer Service Apprentice:
• Answering inbound customer enquiries, recording and organising bookings in the system
• Advising on the various tour packages that are available
• Issuing gift vouchers, tickets and company confirmations
• Managing and ordering the company’s various promotional items such as on-board gifts and merchandise
• Ordering and manging office supplies
• Supporting and implementing the sales team marketing and social media plans
Once you have an understanding of the business, there is the opportunity to join the tours and work at various sites to ensure customers are happy and supporting the tour guides from time to time.
If you wish to earn a little extra in the summer months there is the chance to work at the weekends at the site locations for which overtime will be paid at the companies set rates, this will also improve your client facing skills and count towards your course achievements.
• Basic PC skills, Excel, Word and Outlook
• Enjoy working in lively office environment
• Enjoy talking to customers and meeting new people
• A desire to work in various aspects the business
• Customer Service Level 3
• English and Maths Functional Skills (If Required)
• 13 months on site at the business’s premises
• Monday – Friday, 9am – 5:30pm
• 1-hour lunch break
• £243.75 per week
• Business Travel Expenses Paid when attending various business sites
Due to the roles need to occasionally visit the event sites, candidates should ideally be 18+ although candidates who will be 18 in the next 3-6 months will be considered.