Kids in Charge - Play Worker Apprentice
Qualification: Early Years Educator Level 3
Location: Wanstead Youth Centre Elmcroft Avenue London E11 2DB
Kids in Charge are looking for an apprentice playworker to act as a key person to safeguard and develop the learning experiences of children and communicate this with parents. The successful candidate will also plan, prepare and implement play programs that help further learning and social skills in line with Ofsted requirements.
Kids in Charge is an established Breakfast, Afterschool, and Holiday Club. They have been running for 12 years have over 8 clubs which are all Ofsted Outstanding.
- Assist the manager/deputy manager in providing a stimulating play programme for children attending the scheme
- Planning and resourcing activities
- To ensure that activities undertaken are delivered with regard for the health and safety of children
- To be aware of child protection issues
- To support homework and education activities
- Where appropriate, take specific responsibility for identified children with special needs
- To develop and maintain good working relationships
- To keep accurate records of incidents and accidents taking place
- To participate in the overall development of the team to ensure the provision of a quality service, responsive to the needs of children and their parents/carers
- To ensure all work undertaken is planned, recorded and evaluated
- To ensure the proper use and security of premises and equipment
- To encourage children to take responsibility for their own behaviour
- Monday - Friday 7am - 9am & 2:30pm - 6:30pm
- Holiday Clubs run from 7am - 6:30pm with 3 shifts explained to the candidate on induction.