Barclays Primary school
Sector: Teaching Assistant
Qualification: Teaching assistant (Level 3)
Barclay Primary are part of the Lion Academy Trust which aims to transform new and existing schools into centres of teaching and learning excellence.
Barclay Primary has established itself as a very successful school, where children make rapid progress and attain high educational standards despite facing many challenging circumstances.
They believe that all children and students have a right to an excellent education in order to give them the best life chances irrespective of race, colour, creed or circumstance, and have high aspirations for the children, staff and communities they work with.
Barclay's school is looking for an enthusiastic individual to join their rapidly growing team of Teaching Assistants to give them the valuable experience they need to become more skilled the education.
- Supervise and provide support and guidance for pupils.
- Working with individuals or small groups of children under the direction of teaching staff.
- Establish and maintain a positive relationship with pupils.
- Support the use of ICT in the classroom and help to develop pupils competence and independence in its use.
- Establish constructive relationships with parents/carers.
- Provide feedback to pupils in relation to attainment and progress under the guidance of the teacher.
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of children with special needs within the classroom ensuring access to lessons and their content through appropriate clarification, explanation and resources
- To respect confidentiality at all times.
- Attend relevant school meetings as required.
- To attend to pupils personal needs including help with social, welfare and health matters, including minor first aid.
- Liaise with the class tutor
- Teaching Assistant Level 3
- English and Maths Functional Skills (If Required)
Desired skills & Personal qualities:
- Friendly and approachable
- Be professional when dealing with parents and school visitors
- Good communication and telephone skills
- Ability to use own initiative and work well within a team.
- Attention to detail
- Good written and verbal English
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Be diligent and consistently follow safeguarding procedures
- Willingness to learn
- Well Organised
- Well mannered
- Well spoken
- Ability to follow instructions accurately
- Monday - Friday
- 8:30am - 3:30pm
- 1-hour lunch break
- 36 Hours Per week
- Term Time
- Minimum 4 A*-C 9-4 GCSEs or equivalent, including English and Maths.
- National Living/Minimum Wage Depending on Age
Teaching Assistant Level 3
English and Maths Functional Skills (If Required)
Monday - Friday
£693.00 per month
Possible Permanent position after the completion of apprenticeship
You will be expected to be flexible and provide support across the team when needed. This may include supporting meal times for the children. National Living/Minimum Wage Depending on Age