Qualification: Teaching Assistant Level 3
Location: 155 Canterbury Road, London E10 6EJ
Barclay's School in Leyton are seeking a Teaching Assistant to join their well-established team and work in partnership with class teachers to support learning in line with the national curriculum, codes of practice and school policies and procedures. Barclays has established itself as a very successful school, where children attain high educational standards despite facing many challenging
Barclay's school are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join their rapidly growing team of Teaching Assistants to give them the valuable experience they need to become more skilled the education.
• Supervise and provide support and guidance for pupils.
• Working with individuals or small groups of children under the direction of teaching staff.
• Establish and maintain a positive relationship with pupils.
• Support the use of ICT in the classroom and help to develop pupils competence and independence in its use.
• Establish constructive relationships with parents/carers.
• Provide feedback to pupils in relation to attainment and progress under the guidance of the teacher.
• Promote the inclusion and acceptance of children with special needs within the classroom ensuring access to lessons and their content through appropriate clarification, explanation and resources
• To respect confidentiality at all times.
• Attend relevant school meetings as required.
• Assist with escorting pupils on educational visits.
• To attend to pupils personal needs including help with social, welfare and health matters, including minor first aid.
• Teaching Assistant Level 3
• English and Maths Functional Skills (If Required)
• 15 months
• Friendly and approachable
• Be professional when dealing with parents and school visitors
• Good communication and telephone skills
• Ability to use own initiative and work well within a team.
• Attention to detail
• Good written and verbal English
• Good numeracy and literacy skills
• Ability to work under pressure
• Be diligent and consistently follow safeguarding procedures
• Willingness to learn
• Well Organised
• Well mannered
• Well spoken
• Ability to follow instructions accurately
• Monday - Friday
• 8:30am - 4:30pm
• 1-hour lunch break
• Depends on age and experience
• You will be expected to be flexible and provide support across the team when needed. This may include supporting meal times for the children.