Advanced Learning Loan
The Advanced Learning Loan is an initiative introduced by the government for people aged 19 and over who wish to study a course at level 3,4,5 or 6. This loan allows you to gain the skills and knowledge to enhance your career.
Taking out the loan means you can study your course and gain the qualification without having to pay the course fees upfront.
- Repayments depend on what you earn not what you borrowed
- You only need to start paying back your loan when you are earning over £21,000 a year (monthly salary of £1750) before tax.
- You only pay back 9% of the money you earn over £21,000. For example if you earn £22,000 a year, you will only repay £7 a month. If you earn £30,000 a year you will only repay £67 a month.
- The minimum loan you can get is £300
- Learners will be able to take out a loan for the maximum amount to cover their tuition fees. The fees will be set on the Learner Aims Reference Application (LARA)
- You don’t have to borrow the full amount for the course , you can fund part of it yourself
- Each learner will be able to have up to 4 loans in total to help them progress in their studies
- For more information on the advanced learning loan and to apply, go to www.gov.uk/advanced-learning-loans/overview
|Annual Salary before TAX
|Up to £21,000
Please email any queries to firstname.lastname@example.org